About Ground Environments Pty Ltd
Ground Environments Pty Ltd (GE) are an engineering company that specialises in predicting and modelling ground conditions as they relate to built and natural environments.
Our primary focus is the delivery of consultant services that sufficiently describe ground and environmental conditions as relevant to the client's brief or the project. This means both favourable and unfavourable outcomes must be reported. We do this in the most professional and timely manner possible for the given circumstances.
This focus on ground and environmental issues led to our company name. We are forever mindful of bio-dependence on earth and water and our work ethos is built around the sustainability of these two essential and tangible resources.
Key Areas of Expertise
Our expertise applies to three key areas:
- Hillside Development
- Site evaluation for development suitability.
- Planning and design for a site to suit a particular structure or vice versa, including structural support or use of ground modifying products.
- Construction supervision of the relevant aspects of these works.
2. Ground Support System
- Ground investigation and determination of interaction between the ground and an as built structure.
- Evaluation of built structures for serviceability from a geotechnical engineering viewpoint.
- Restoration of structure serviceability if and where possible.
- Determination and monitoring of toxic substance levels in soil and/or groundwater.
- Evaluation of acceptable and/or sustainable contamination levels.
- Remediation of contaminated ground and groundwater.
Our services are available to all levels of government, developers, companies, private individuals, other consultants and anyone else who requires geotechnical or environmental assistance. All clients receive the same professional commitment.
Major contracts are won mostly through competitive bidding, but often we are contracted by innovation. Where a formal written submission is provided, this document confirms for the client:
- Our understanding of the project
- What the work is and how we intend to carry that out
- A breakdown of the costs involved
- Any unknowns
Our business systems (GEMS) controls how we achieve set service levels and helps to maintain an injury-free workplace environment.
It operates according to the environmental, quality and workplace health and safety requirements of the relevant standards and legislation listed in GEMS. These, in association with appropriate risk management assessments, provide the basis for us complying with the many regulatory requirements relating to our business.
Ground Environments operates a Quality Management System that complies with the requirements of AS / NZS ISO 9001:2015 and an Environmental Management System based on ISO 14001:2004.
Geotechnical expert support for :
- Mt Morgan failed Slope Reconstruction
- Sarina Range failed slope Reconstruction
- Eungella Dam Road Reconstruction
- Shute Harbour Road Reconstruction
- Mackay Regional Council Roads - failed Slope Reconstruction
- Geotechnical expert support for Forgan Bridge construction.
- Design and supervision of ground support system for the recently completed rail receival pit at Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal - very deep excavation and ground support in a tightly congested port environment.
- Design, documentation and supervision of ground support systems for various hillside developments on Airlie Beach (Shute Harbour car park, Whisper Bay Quarry redevelopment, Horizons Way Airlie Beach).
- Geotechnical design and construction supervision of Funnel Bay development.
- Various high rise buildings in Mackay and Airlie Beach (Rivage, Santai Airlie Beach, Azure Sea Apartments, Searane Airlie Beach, Mackay Grand Mercure, The Beach, Mackay).
- Expert witness assignments for the Planning and Environmental court.
- Acid Sulphate soil investigation in Mackay and Whitsunday regions.
- Mackay Ring Road Piling Works Certification.
- Fairbairn Dam Spillway Temporary Ramp Access Design.
- Vines Creek Bridges Piling Works & Working Platform Design.
- Koumala Range Road Widening Design & Batter Stabilization.
- Cannovale Potable & Raw Water Project - Geotechnical Works.
- QR Havilah Bridges - Remedial Designs & Construction Supervision.