Cheshire Contractors is a civil construction and earthmoving company based in North Queensland that specialises in delivering robust, high quality outcomes in remote locations and in difficult weather and climate conditions.
The company has over 40 years’ experience delivering construction projects in the wet tropics in Queensland and has a track record of delivering on time, within budget and to a standard that withstands high rainfall and cyclonic conditions.
Cheshire Contractors operate throughout Queensland and can operate in other regions on request.
The company’s remote location logistics support include self-contained camps and vehicles to transport plant and equipment to worksites.
Civil Construction and Design
· In-house engineering design capabilities to deliver complete and economical design solutions
· Feasibility Costing
· Constructability assessments with a particular strength in erosion control and dealing with high rainfalls and water flows
Infrastructure and Utilities Earthworks including:-
· Culverts (concrete/steel) and civil works near waterways
· Dams and Ponds
· Water reticulation, water mains and water treatment facilities
· Sewer reticulation, sewer rising mains, and sewer pump stations
· Civil infrastructure – civil concrete construction (in-situ)
· Dewatering Operations
· Services Installation – communications and data conduit installation and electrical conduit installation
Bulk and Detailed Earthworks including:-
· Site clearing and site preparation on greenfield and brownfield sites. Cheshire Contractors have extensive experience in brownfield site construction and in working in hard to access, and environmentally sensitive areas
· Camp site earthworks including bulk and detailed earthworks for services installation (water, waste water power, data and telecommunications)
· Building pads for mines and industrial facilities, gas processing plants and other facilities
· Earthworks for gas gathering infrastructure and pipelines
· Turf Based Constructions – golf courses, race courses and sports fields
Road Construction including:-
· Sealed roads – Local and Regional
· Unsealed roads and access ways
· Road Maintenance and rehabilitation works including flood repairs
· Sprayed bitumen emulsion sealing and pot hole repairs (In-House capability with Autopatch Truck)
· Concrete road pavements and footpaths
· Machine laid high strength wet mix concrete kerb (In-House abilities)
Wet and Dry Hire arrangements