Finding a grader for your project has never been easier with iSeekplant. Whether you’re looking for a grader hire in Toowoomba, or anywhere else in Australia, you’re sure to find the right grader for your project, fast! But how do you know if you’re getting the most cost effective grader for your project that won’t cost more in the long run? We’ve got your questions answered.
When considering the difference between the most expensive and the cheapest grader to rent in Toowoomba for example, never forget to think about why the cheapest grader rate is so cheap and how that could affect your project. Occasionally, you will see a difference in Australian grader hire price of up to $30 per hour: – which is between 20% to 40% difference.
There are four ways a grader rental company can potentially offer dramatic savings and some of these come with risk to your earthworks project. These reasons are as follows:
- The company owns the grader outright and they have very little overhead cost in debt on that machine.
- The grader is being maintained cheaply or upkeep is done in a low-cost way
- The grader operator is less experienced, and therefor inexpensive.
- The grader rental supplier is not making a profit.
To avoid these implications, here are some critical questions to ask the grader hire company:
- Is their grader owned outright? If so then ask if the grader is very old. Then ask yourself the question, does an old machine present an unreliability risk for my project?
- Does the grader hire company in Toowoomba keep maintenance records and does it appear to be in good condition?
- How experienced is the operator and how long has this operator been driving a grader?
- If the company is not making a profit on hiring their grader then will they be able to continue working on my project until completion or will I lose them half-way through and suffer expensive down-time?
Calculation for Grader Hire Operator Competency
For this example we have an earthworks project that entails building a road in Toowoomba, which requires a water cart, roller, grade checker along with multiple truck and dogs that supply gravel. We are considering two Toowoomba-based grader rental companies for a wet hire earthworks project, however one company is $30 per hour cheaper than the other. The expensive grader will cost an extra $300 per day and the sell rate for gravel to the client is $110 per m3 trimmed and compacted. However, if the expensive grader comes with a highly skilled and experienced operator, then the operator only needs to be able to place two extra ‘Truck and Dogs’ worth of gravel each day (extra 30m3) to make you a considerable profit. To put this into perspective, that’s 30m3 x $110 per m3 = $3,300 additional revenue per day for an extra cost of $300 per day in grader hire.
Calculation for Grader breakdown costs
Let’s consider a breakdown of costs if the grader is unreliable. If the grader breaks down then the entire roadwork’s crew comes to a stop.
We know that grader hire breakdowns are not the quickest incidents to recover from. Depending on the severity of the breakdown, it can often take two days or more. This dramatically affects the earthworks project as the rest of the crew would need to be stood down and re-allocated to other areas, therefore the earthworks project critical path suffers a blowout.
So when it comes to hiring a grader for your next project, consider reliability and quality as being the most important factors. An example of how to search our site to find graders to hire in Towoomba has been provided below. If you require any further information on the above or want to know how to search for Grader Hire Toowoomba, please call us today 1300 691 912 or email your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.